Passport Application Acceptance Service
Available to the Penn State community and the public by appointment only. All paperwork must be completed before arrival, or applicants will be asked to reschedule. Applicants must bring the State Department application fee (check or money order) to their appointment. Processing fees will be charged separately and at the time of service.
Apply for a first-time passport.
Visit travel.state.gov to complete Form DS-11. To submit/mail the form, follow the instructions on the U.S. Department of State website.
Apply for a passport renewal.
Visit travel.state.gov to complete Form DS-82 and verify if your passport is eligible for renewal.
- Adult passport renewals are done by mail and do not require an in-person appointment.
- Minor passport renewals may not be renewed by mail; you need to submit a new, first-time passport application in person.
To submit/mail the form, follow the instructions on the U.S. Department of State website.
Visit the U.S. Department of State website to learn how to apply for a passport and what documents you need.
- Print your completed application. Do not sign your application. An acceptance agent must witness your signature.
- Bring a passport photo with you or have a passport photo taken on-site ($10.00 + tax fee).
- Bring your proof of identity and U.S. citizenship documents (old passport or birth certificate, driver's license, or other government-issued photo ID).
- For additional information on valid ID documents: citizenship document list and photo ID list
U.S. Department of State fees must be paid by a check (personal, cashiers, or traveler's) or money order. Credit and debit cards cannot be used for these fees. Passport fees, service schedules and calculators are available at: travel.state.gov Facility processing fee ($35) and passport photo fee ($10.00+tax) can be paid by credit card, check or money order.
- Credit cards, checks, and money orders are accepted for facility processing and acceptance fees.
- U.S. Department of State fees are mailed with your application. You can pay with a personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's check, or money order, payable to U.S. Department of State. Fees include: application fees for a passport book or passport card, expedited processing fees, and 1-2 day delivery service fee (for book)
- If any of these steps are incomplete, it will delay the processing of your application.
Click here to schedule an appointment in our online calendar. Appointments are required before arrival.
- Please bring check or money order for application fee (to be mailed with application)
- Processing fees will be charged separately at the time of service (can be paid with credit card)
Appointments are available Monday - Thursday from: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and from 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m.